BLS (Basic Life Support) | Bedfordview | 11 November
This American Heart Association Course is designed for medical professionals (physiotherapists, chiropractors, homeopaths, doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists etc), who are registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa. Members of the public are also allowed to attend this course. Medical professionals who need to learn or stay current with their CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), choking, BVM (Bag-Valve Mask) and AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training and acquire the necessary 11 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) points as required by the HPCSA, (The Health Professions Council of South Africa.)
For those wanting to complete advanced life support courses in resuscitation, this course is a prerequisite.
- CPR: Adult single rescuer and team resuscitation.
- CPR: Child single rescuer and team resuscitation.
- CPR: Baby single rescuer and team resuscitation.
- Adult, child and infant conscious and unconscious patient.
- Use of a barrier device.
- Use of a pocket mask.
- Rescue breathing.
- Calling for help.
- Bag valve mask (BVM).
- Use of the Automated External Defibrillator (AED.
- Team dynamics.
- Choking: Responsive and unresponsive adult, child and baby.
- Recovery position.
- Algorithms and memory aids.
- You will receive a Survival CPR® certificate. Our CPR and First Aid Course is a certified course accredited by the American Heart Association as an authorized training site.
- The certificate is valid for two years.