Caregiver Course | Roodepoort | Starts on 29 November 2023 (9 Days)
This particular Caregiver course spans nine consecutive days, differing from our other Caregiver Courses that run once a week for nine weeks. This condensed format is especially helpful for students who reside in other parts, or outside of South Africa, as it enables them to better tailor their participation in the course. The course schedule dates will be shared once your booking has been confirmed.
Our comprehensive Caregiver Course, will teach you the skills required to look after patients and individuals needing care such as babies, the elderly; alzheimer/dementia patients, the terminally ill, paralysed patients, stroke survivors and so much more. To embark on your rewarding Caregiving career, you’ll need to complete a certified Caregiver Course. Our experienced instructors are Nursing Sisters are instructors from Survival CPR® and they will teach and all guide you through practical and theoretical lessons, ensuring you develop the hands-on expertise required to excel in your caregiving role. With 9 comprehensive modules, you’ll immerse yourself in a transformative learning experience. Gain confidence, competence, and the credentials you need to thrive as a Caregiver.
Our Caregiver Course consists of 9 modules which covers the following:
- Module 1: This comprehensive introductory module covers all aspects of the roles and responsibilities of a Caregiver, as well as the legal and ethical responsibilities as a Caregiver to the patient.
- Module 2: You will learn about baby care; from general care, sleep, milestones and stimulation. You will also do practical sessions with a baby mannequin. Home safety is also included as part of this module.
- Module 3: We teach you goes all aspects of taking care of the elderly, frail care and senior care including Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s and Depression.
- Module 4: In this module you will learn about caring for a person after surgery, including assessing for signs of wound infections and aiding with mobility and wound care.
- Module 5: This module entails learning about frail care from bathing to signs and symptoms of various illnesses such as high and low blood pressure, dehydration, diabetic care, food hygiene, medications and companionship.
- Module 6: This module covers all aspects palliative care of terminal patients, as well as those living with a serious illness. You will learn about providing a safe caring environment, respectful attentiveness for the patient and family in a comfortable and pain free environment.
- Module 7: This module is important as you will learn how to wash a patient, from mouth care, to feeding and assisting a person with mobility issues. This will include class practical examples.
- Module 8: This vital module teaches you how to handle an accident and how to handle all First Aid emergencies as well as life saving CPR skills.
- Module 9: You will be doing your theory and practical exams in module 9.
- Practical Experience: Each participant must attend all 9 modules to be certified, as well as complete 168 practical hours in a frail care facility. This will be arranged by Survival CPR. Please note, we do not offer job placement.
Cost at R7000 per person includes:
- The course runs over 10 days, 9 days in class and 1 day of rest, taught by one of our instructors.
- Each participant receives two scrub tops with their name embroidered on the front and the use of a graduation gown and cap on Graduation Day.
- Each participant will receive a Survival Caregiver manual per module containing all the course information.
- Each participant will receive a Survival CPR First Aid manual.
Payment in instalments may be arranged upon enquiry and confirmation of booking. These are under strict payment arrangements as per agreement with Survival CPR. Please call or Whatsapp at (+27) 60 872 6730 to make this arrangement.
- Each participant will receive a Caregiver Course Certificate from Survival CPR® upon completion of all 9 modules and 168 practical hours in a frail care facility.
- You will receive a Survival CPR certificate. Our CPR and first aid course is a certified course. Survival CPR is accredited by American Heart Association as an Authorized American Heart Association training site.