Level 1 First Aid | Occupational Health and Safety | Randpark Ridge Scout Hall | 2 October
The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act requires that any workplace with more than 10 workers must have a trained first aider and first aid kit on the premises during business hours. By law the first aider must have completed a first aid course and be in the possession of a valid first aid certificate issued by a person or organisation approved by the chief inspector for this purpose. Our first aid training instructors have trained hundreds of people across all industries and sectors to create safer workplaces. First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills are essential for everyone in an emergency, whether you are at home or in the workplace. OHS first aid enables a trained person to respond to an emergency efficiently and effectively. Survival CPR offers level 1, 2 & 3 courses which are all certified by the Department of Labour and comply with the OHS Act. These emergency training courses for the workplace include:
- Principles of first aid and safety, scene management and ethics
- Primary survey, CPR (adult, child and infant) & rescue breathing
- Secondary survey (medical and trauma)
- Head, face and eye injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries (sprains, fractures and dislocations)
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Bleeding, wounds and soft tissue injuries
- Respiratory emergencies (asthma)
- Choking (adult, child and infant)
- Environmental illness and injury (hypothermia and hyperthermia)
- Poisoning (child and adult), stings (bees and scorpions) and bites (spiders and snakes)
- Water accidents (drowning)
- Cardiovascular disorders – heart attacks and strokes
- Certified by Occupational Health & Safety.
- Valid for 3 years.
- Can be run as a private course at your own venue, or you can join us at one of our venues.