Any workplace with more than ten employees must have a trained first aider and first aid supplies on the premises, according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
We offer you a First Aid accredited Course.
The course is accredited by HWSETA and aligned to Unit Standard 119567 (Level 1).
After completing the course, you will be able to confidently perform basic life support and first aid procedures, allowing you to respond to any emergency as a first aider efficiently and effectively.
This course is ideal for individuals, workers, designated first aiders and safety managers who wish to advance or update their CPR training and other lifesaving skills and techniques used in everyday emergency situations.
There are two components that you will be required to complete. The first is to do an online theory-based component with presentations and an evaluation. After successful completion of the evaluation, you will be required to attend a one-day practical practice session with an evaluation component.
The course is structured around 5 sections: Emergency scene management, Basic anatomy and physiology, First aid procedures, Emergency situations, and treating common injuries.
- The course is accredited with HWSETA and Unit Standard 119567 aligned (Level1). Completing the course, you will be guided to perform basic life support and first aid procedures with confidence.
- The course is structured into two components. You will be required to complete the online theory component with presentation and evaluation. After successfully completing this section , you will be required to attend a one day practical session with an evaluation component.
- The course is structured around 5 sections: Emergency scene management, Basic anatomy and physiology, First aid procedures, Emergency situations and Treat common injuries.
Theory (Online) Component
- Principles of first aid and safety, scene management and ethics
- Primary survey, CPR (adult, child and infant) & rescue breathing
- Secondary survey (medical and trauma).
- Head, face and eye injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries (sprains, fractures and dislocations).
- Chest injuries.
- Abdominal injuries.
- Bleeding, wounds and soft tissue injuries.
- Respiratory emergencies (asthma).
- Choking (adult, child and infant).
- Environmental illness and injury (hypothermia and hyperthermia).
- Poisoning (child and adult), stings (bees and scorpions) and bites (spiders and snakes).
- Water accidents (drowning).
- Cardiovascular disorders; heart attacks and strokes.
Practical (in class) Component
- Primary survey
- CPR – adult, child and infant
- Use of a barrier device
- Rescue breathing
- Secondary survey – head to toe
- Spinal immobilization
Cost at R1250 per person includes:
- An online Component with Presentation and Evaluation.
- A 5x hour practical course taught by our instructors.
- Certified by Occupational Health and Safety.
- An airway (or one way valve).
- Practical demonstrations to practice on the CPR mannequins.
- Coffee and tea will be served.
- Certified and endorsed by HWSETA and Occupational Health and Safety
- The certificate is valid for three years.