The Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act requires that any workplace with more than 10 workers must have a trained first aider and first aid kit on the premises during business hours. By law the first aider must have completed a first aid course and be in the possession of a valid first aid certificate issued by a person or organisation approved by the chief inspector for this purpose. Our first aid training instructors have trained hundreds of people across all industries and sectors to create safer workplaces. First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills are essential for everyone in an emergency, whether you are at home or in the workplace. OHS first aid enables a trained person to respond to an emergency efficiently and effectively. Survival CPR offers level 1, 2 & 3 courses which are all certified by the Department of Labour and comply with the OHS Act. The Occupational First Aid Level 1 training course is a thorough first aid course which goes above and beyond the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. It is ideal for individuals, workers, designated first aiders and safety managers who wish to advance their CPR training and other lifesaving skills and techniques used in everyday emergency situations. Corporate employees with more risky work environments should also consider this as an option to promote workplace first aid and a safer working environment. On completion of the occupational first aid level 1 training course, you will have the knowledge and skills to render safe and effective first aid to a medical injury or environmental emergency.
- Principles of first aid and safety, scene management and ethics
- Primary survey, CPR (adult, child and infant) & rescue breathing
- Secondary survey (medical and trauma)
- Head, face and eye injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries (sprains, fractures and dislocations)
- Chest injuries
- Abdominal injuries
- Bleeding, wounds and soft tissue injuries
- Respiratory emergencies (asthma)
- Choking (adult, child and infant)
- Environmental illness and injury (hypothermia and hyperthermia)
- Poisoning (child and adult), stings (bees and scorpions) and bites (spiders and snakes)
- Water accidents (drowning)
- Cardiovascular disorders – heart attacks and strokes
Per person for 4x hours.
Discovery members will earn 1000 Discovery miles.
Certified by Occupational Health and Safety.
Valid for 3 years.
Group or private courses
If you would like to arrange a private course please contact us on 082 896 1820.